Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Mentorship is a proven model for growing developers skills, careers, and networks
# Data Object
See [this spreadsheet for example](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i5OIP6gLeoQ8AfjqlnFt09gqNG44rAlHfFID55Ek3hg/edit#gid=0)
* Github handle
* Name (optional)
* Yrs programming experience
* Wants membership in (list of varchar)
* offering membership in (list of varchar)
* Available for new mentees? (y/n)
* Time Commitment
## First page - index page
A page that lives at `/mentors`. Page is a list view of mentors that are available to mentor developers. - Only lists mentors if `Available for new mentees` is `y`
This page can be accessed from `/tools` and from the footer.
## Second page - detail page
The detail page for each individual mentor object. Only displays if `Available for new mentees` is `y`
## Second page alt -- edit detail page
This page can be accessed from the menu in the top right of Gitcoin.
It allows editing of the `Mentor` object associated with my Gitcoin/Github Handle.. I can edit any of the fields in the data object from it.
## Third page -- Email -- Mentor Match
Based upon the design of https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/563, this page will be an email notifying a user that there is a potential mentor match available.
## Ref - Designs
The design phase of this project is already complete! You can access it at:
Please use forms from #https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/380 as a starting point.
1. Please create a new django app called 'mentor'
1. Please code the HTML of the above designs into django views (please test in mobile, tablet, desktop views)
1. Please create a new Django dataobject called `Mentor` as specified above.
1. Hook up the 'new mentor' form such that it actually creates a new mentor object.
1. Hook up the mentor index page such that it actually links objects for the database.
1. Code the mentor email into marketing/mails.py such that it can be triggered when there is a mentor match.