Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
In partnership with Protocol Labs, we’re excited to welcome builders from everywhere to APOLLO, your mission control to engage with the builder…
We’re excited to publically announce that Matic Network is partnering with Gitcoin to launch the Build-n-Earn Program – assisting dApps t…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Mentorship is a proven model for growing developers skills, careers, and networks
# Data Object
See [this spreadsheet for example](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i5OIP6gLeoQ8AfjqlnFt09gqNG44rAlHfFID55Ek3hg/edit#gid=0)
* Github handle
* Name (optional)
* Yrs programming experience
* Wants membership in (list of varchar)
* offering membership in (list of varchar)
* Available for new mentees? (y/n)
* Time Commitment
## First page - index page
A page that lives at `/mentors`. Page is a list view of mentors that are available to mentor developers. - Only lists mentors if `Available for new mentees` is `y`
This page can be accessed from `/tools` and from the footer.
## Second page - detail page
The detail page for each individual mentor object. Only displays if `Available for new mentees` is `y`
## Second page alt -- edit detail page
This page can be accessed from the menu in the top right of Gitcoin.
It allows editing of the `Mentor` object associated with my Gitcoin/Github Handle.. I can edit any of the fields in the data object from it.
## Third page -- Email -- Mentor Match
Based upon the design of https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/563, this page will be an email notifying a user that there is a potential mentor match available.
## Ref - Designs
The design phase of this project is already complete! You can access it at:
Please use forms from #https://github.com/gitcoinco/web/issues/380 as a starting point.
1. Please create a new django app called 'mentor'
1. Please code the HTML of the above designs into django views (please test in mobile, tablet, desktop views)
1. Please create a new Django dataobject called `Mentor` as specified above.
1. Hook up the 'new mentor' form such that it actually creates a new mentor object.
1. Hook up the mentor index page such that it actually links objects for the database.
1. Code the mentor email into marketing/mails.py such that it can be triggered when there is a mentor match.