Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Heya Gitcoiners & Gitcoinerettes! They say that July is the warmest month of the year (location depending), and we’re definitely getting ready fo…
Howdy, Gitcoiners! This month we’re running hackathons, we launched Grants Round 6 (which we just tweaked big time btw), we’re building, we’re improv…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### What you will learn
- Feed API data into your Ethereum smart contract using a decentralized oracle.
- You must know at least one programming language
- Basic knowledge of how Ethereum and smart contracts work
### App requirements
- **Use case**: Ethereum Anemometer
- **Data source**: Wind data provider, ex: https://api4.windy.com/
- **Input**: Longitude & Latitude
- **Output**: simple environmental condition including wind strength
### What I need to do?
1. Apply for the [related Gitcoin issue here](https://gitcoin.co/issue/iExecBlockchainComputing/iexec-apps/24/3421)
2. Follow this step by step tutorial: [How To Build a Decentralized Oracle on Ethereum](https://medium.com/iex-ec/how-to-build-a-decentralized-oracle-on-ethereum-a-step-by-step-guide-d8c14719b69f)
3. Submit a pull request with your code
4. Get your reward!