Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### The Issue
The Brownie code base does not make any use of [PEP484](https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0484/) annotations, and sometimes variable types are changed mid-function. This makes for less readable code which can be discouraging for would-be new contributors.
Implementing annotation is an important step towards taking Brownie out of beta. It should be a multi-stage process, starting with the most developed areas of the code.
In this first step to an annotated code base, the targets are:
### Completion Goals
1. Running [MyPy](http://www.mypy-lang.org/) with the following configuration file should complete without any errors.
disallow_untyped_defs = True
ignore_missing_imports = True
follow_imports = silent
files = brownie/*.py,brownie/network,brownie/project
2. API Documentation must be updated. Each function should include the same annotations as the source code. The following files will require updating:
- [ ] [`docs/api-brownie.rst`](https://github.com/iamdefinitelyahuman/brownie/blob/master/docs/api-brownie.rst)
- [ ] [`docs/api-network.rst`](https://github.com/iamdefinitelyahuman/brownie/blob/master/docs/api-network.rst)
- [ ] [`docs/api-project.rst`](https://github.com/iamdefinitelyahuman/brownie/blob/master/docs/api-brownie.rst)