Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### The Issue
Brownie can be used to interact with non-local networks, but it isn't properly documented. See #173 for why this is needed.
This is a sub-issue of #41.
### Completion Goals
Create a new section for the documentation named "Using Other Networks" and link it in the table of contents immediately beneath "The Local RPC Client". This section should include content such as:
* obligatory security warnings, don't do anything stupid!
* how to define other networks in the [configuration file](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/config.html#network)
* how to connect to other networks
* using the `--network` flag
* modifying the default network
* methods within [brownie.network.main](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#brownie-network-main)
* differences in functionality when using non-local networks instead of a local test environment
* working with local accounts ([add](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#Accounts.add), [load](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#Accounts.load), [save](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#Accounts.load))
* [unconfirmed transactions](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/interaction.html#unconfirmed-transactions)
* interacting with already deployed contracts ([ContractContainer.at](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#ContractContainer.at), [Contract](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api-network.html#contract-and-projectcontract))
* using Infura (Truffle has an [excellent example](https://www.trufflesuite.com/tutorials/using-infura-custom-provider) for this content)
* obtaining an API token and adding it in the config file
* inability to call `debug_traceTransaction` and by extension limited access to [debugging functionality](https://eth-brownie.readthedocs.io/en/latest/debug.html#debugging-tools)
* Fork from the `master` branch, as this content will be pushed immediately rather than waiting for a new release.
* Linking to other content, external or within the brownie docs, is always a good thing.
* Please review the existing Brownie documentation, the level of detail and quality of english must be up to par with the rest of the docs for the submission to be accepted.
* I am available on gitter if you have any questions.