Workers Auto Approve
Bounty: spec out MetaMask snap plugin for IPFS
ipfs, metamask, snap
(edits by @parkan)
MetaMask is experimenting with a way for external protocols to integrate with MetaMask in permissionless fashion:
- [Announcement](https://medium.com/metamask/introducing-the-next-evolution-of-the-web3-wallet-4abdf801a4ee) by @danfinlay
- API Docs:
- prior art – basic API for Swarm services https://web3js.readthedocs.io/en/v1.2.7/web3-bzz.html
- Build tools: [MetaMask/snaps-cli](https://github.com/MetaMask/snaps-cli)
- Partial IPFS implementation at https://github.com/MetaMask/snaps-cli/tree/master/examples/ipfs (thank you @agnelvishal for this context)
We're interested in a feature-complete/supported implementation of IPFS as a MetaMask snap plugin. The [example](https://github.com/MetaMask/snaps-cli/tree/master/examples/ipfs ) plugin has partial implementation (add/cat via Infura) but does not support pinning or local node.
This bounty is for a **specification**/proposal for a more complete IPFS implementation in the snap context. The questions we are interested in answering are:
- [ ] is it possible to use a proper js-ipfs embedded node in this context? this could be interop with [IPFS Companion](https://github.com/ipfs-shipyard/ipfs-companion), an embedded js-ipfs node in the snap context, using [ipfs-provider](https://github.com/ipfs-shipyard/ipfs-provider), etc
- [ ] if proper embedded node/ipfs-provider is not possible, can we make RPC configurable (e.g. using Infura, Pinata, temporal.cloud, etc)?
- [ ] what IPFS capabilities can be made available to other tools in snap context, depending on above results?
- [ ] concrete implementation proposal
Once these goals are met we will create a new bounty with a higher payout for the implementation, giving initial priority to the author of this proposal.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: