Workers Auto Approve
Converting our UI Toolkit into a mono-repo setup
As described in #20, we are currently facing a couple issues regarding our UI kit. In short, we have two major issues:
* Our current setup is a CRA app that takes forever to load, when one wants to use/develop a component for our application.
* We have no easy way to fetch individual components, so even though we can install our UI kit, one can't easily fetch one specific component like most UI libraries can do.
In the past, we had been using bitsrc.io, but has been quite challenging for local development. We'll favor NPM for the time being, so the solution should natively assume NPM deployment.
1. Split the code for showcasing a specific component and our entire gallery. The gallery can still be a CRA application and might not need modification, but we need to setup an easy "view component" setup so someone can see only one component if so wishes. You can inspire yourself in the [Aragon UI](https://ui.aragon.org/), [x0 compositor](https://github.com/c8r/x0), [Neutrino components](https://neutrinojs.org/packages/react-components/), [Storybook](https://storybook.js.org/) or similar. Pick a light-weight library that doesn't take forever to load and can easily allow development of a component.
2. Setup the required scripts for deploying the library and add the documentation required for showcasing how the library can be:
- Installed, used and reused in many react applications
- Improved, added and redeployed.
## Expected Deliverables
1. A gallery with all the current existing components.
2. A component viewer where one can view a specific component.
3. A project setup (through lerna, builder) that allows quickly versioning per component, and the capabilities to upgrade a component as required.
4. Documentation and demos on how to use our existing components through npm and easily integrate it in any React project.
## To Submit:
1. Pull Request with changes to our gallery and components setup.
2. Any necessary refactor for our components to work easily and be integrated into any react project.
3. Documentation with tests, demos and examples for a project easily using a component, and instructions on how to add a new one to our kit.
## Additional Information:
This is a bit of a lengthy task that requires modifying the setup of an existing project. Make sure to pick the adequate technology or setup in order to move forward as the idea is anyone can:
- Preview our gallery in an easy way, with its current design
- Preview a component in an easy way, with its current design
- Develop a component in an easy way, with a better setup than we have
- Integrate a component in an easy way, with a better setup than we have
## Additional Notes
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the thread or ping us at our Gitter channel - https://gitter.im/Mybit-Foundation/DDF
All work completed via the MyBit Decentralised Development Fund is property of the MyBit Foundation (CHE-177.186.963) and may be used, re-used, and/or distributed, re-distributed by the MyBit Foundation for financial gain. The contributor holds no warrant nor claims for any future payments resulting from monetisation schemes originating from the MyBit Foundation or any of its affiliates. Where law permits outside of open source regulations, the contributor is not permitted to distribute any work completed via the MyBit Decentralised Development Fund (DDF) for personal gain.
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: