Workers Auto Approve
[$1000] NEAR Ready Layer One Hackathon Prize: Interoperability Hack
near, ethereum, interoperability
### NEAR Ready Layer One Hackathon Prize: Interoperability Hack
### Prize Bounty
### Challenge Description
Unlike other challenges, if there are multiple teams that make significant progress for this challenge, each team will be awarded the prize.
This challenge is to make a hack that works towards interoperability between NEAR and other blockchains.
A successful hack:
* Provides a full design to have a bi-directional bridge with some other blockchain;
* Has as many core components of the design implemented as possible;
We do not expect a full trustless bridge to be operational after one week. The hacks will be judged by the completeness of the design, and the extent to which the design was implemented.
Take inspiration from the NEAR Ethereum bridge currently being developed: https://github.com/near/rainbow-bridge/
Examples of what you can do:
* Extend NEAR Ethereum with more functionality;
* Integrate NEAR with IBC ([More details](https://cosmos.network/ibc) and [spec](https://github.com/cosmos/ics/blob/master/spec.pdf))
* Add a one-directional bridge from Bitcoin to NEAR that tracks block headers and maintains the chain with the most work;
* Add a bi-directional bridge with any other chain that supports smart contracts sufficiently complex to run a NEAR light client. See details on NEAR light client [here](https://github.com/nearprotocol/NEPs/pull/60/files?short_path=1b7b9c2#diff-1b7b9c29060f8671b898e7ef5669a604).
### Submission Requirements
Please make sure that your submission addresses the following criteria:
* A working link to a demo of the application is required for submission
* Open source code must be submitted with the demo to be considered
* Submitted by the deadline
* Be the original work of an individual participant or a group project
* Built utilizing NEAR protocol
Additionally, we want to see some insights into your thought process that went into the idea generation and application development. Each submission will be evaluated on an individual basis.
### Submission Deadline
The hackathon will take place from May 6th to May 12th. The submission deadline is May 19th at 23:59 PM CET.
### Judging Criteria
An asynchronous panel of engineers will judge your hack. They will rate your project on a scale from 1-5 on the following grades.
* Completeness of the design
* Security considerations
* How much of the design was implemented
The prize will go to one **or more** applications that best meet the listed criteria.
Your application can qualify for several prizes.
### Winner Announcement Date
Hacks will be reviewed immediately at the end of the hackathon. We will announce winners within 48 hours of the end of the hackathon, but likely sooner. All winners will be announced in one group.
More than one team can be awarded the prize for this challenge!
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: