Workers Auto Approve
Ocean Protocol's LegalTech Bounty
oceanprotocol, legaltech, marketplaces, tools, data
## Ocean Protocol's LegalTech Bounty
### Reward - 18,000 OCEAN tokens (approx. 1000 EUR)
Extend the potential of the Web3 w.r.t legal data implementations or legal compliance using Ocean Protocol
## Bounty Basics
### Objective of the bounty:
Successful implementation of Ocean Protocol for a legal-data marketplace or tool to support legally-compliant engagement with Ocean data marketplaces. "Legal data" is defined as any data relevant to the legal industry, including the court system, law firms, contextual data that informs legal decisions, and more.
### Duration of the bounty:
The bounty kicked off during Berlin LegalTech Conference 2020, 28 February, and runs for one month. **Submissions will close 28 March, 2020.**
### Bounty Payout:
This bounty is for the equivalent of **18,000 OCEAN** tokens
### How to Submit
Submit your project's github link in **Gitcoin**. Your project **README** should have -
- "Ocean Protocol's LegalTech Bounty Submission"
- project name and information of team members
- Summary explaining
(1) what your project does
(2) how you built it
(3) how to run the POC
(4) what parts of the Ocean tech stack you used
(5) what programming languages and tools you used
(6) why your submission addresses the prompt
Ocean Protocol is an open source project built to empower the Web 3 Data Economy, the ecosystem of data providers, contributors, processors, vendors and purchasers that extract, access, aggregate and distribute data while deriving value from it.
Ocean is looking to incentives the creation of an ecosystem of decentralised data exchanges (e.g. data marketplaces) that provide a point of discoverability and comparison for data, along with indicators of quality and scope to enable broad access to data that would otherwise prove difficult to publish or consume.
#### Where Data Marketplaces intersect with Legal Tech
As we explore these data marketplace implementations two points of intersection with the Legal Tech sphere emerge:
• Marketplaces for legal industry data
• Tools for legally compliant operations of data marketplaces
#### What type of LegalTech implementations and integrations could you build?
For inspiration consider:
- looking at how Ocean could work in an Ethereum #DeFi context to create legally-compliant stablecoins, debt, insurance against collateralised datasets etc.
- linking Ocean Protocol users to an identity service such as Uport, Estonia E-residency and social media
- creating a simple flow for legally-compliant data asset licensing
- creating a GDPR-compliant interface for accessing and sharing data assets
- creating data wallet (holding users data endpoints) to hold data relevant to legal research and decision-making, such as court decisions, contextual data and raw materials
- interface to empower data commons, incorporating data from sources like "legal aid organizations, courts, legal technology companies, and others to enable research and development that promotes access to justice" (see The Key Models for a Legal Data Commons)
- marketplaces for data related to the legal industry and its processes such as law firm management and hiring, case management and practitioner qualifications
Again, these are just examples so let your imagination be as wide as an ocean and show us what you got!
### Submission Requirements
To qualify for prizes and challenge rewards, participants must abide by all of the rules and minimum submission requirements:
- Your submission must demonstrate a successful use of Ocean Protocol.
- Ocean Protocol team must be able to view your submission and run the code.
- Your submission should have a working code and not just concept
### Examples and reference projects
[Docs: Set Up a Marketplace](https://docs.oceanprotocol.com/setup/marketplace/)
[Tutorial: Ocean React App](https://docs.oceanprotocol.com/tutorials/react-setup/)
[Our recent **Data Economy Challenge** Submissions](https://oceanprotocol.devpost.com/submissions)
## Seen this problem before?
Any help solving this is welcome. Feel free to leave any comments and help someone else to solve it. We might airdrop tokens to someone even if not directly completing bounty.
## Things to know
The bounty lifecycle process including payout will be managed using [Gitcoin](https://gitcoin.co/explorer?network=mainnet&keywords=oceanprotocol&order_by=-web3_created)
## Questions and Help
### Non-technical Questions
Reach out to us email@example.com for all your non-tech related queries including questions about this bounty and submissions.
### Technical Questions
For discussion about technical questions, we recommend to join also our [Gitter channel](https://gitter.im/oceanprotocol/Lobby) where our tech community and core developers are available to answer your tech related questions.
### Help with OCEAN tokens
In order to see the **OCEAN** balance in your wallet you'll need to reference the related token contract with address **0x985dd3d42de1e256d09e1c10f112bccb8015ad41**. If you use a Metamask plugin you'll find the the exact steps [here](https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015489011-Managing-ERC20-Tokens).
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: