Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
### We are glad to announce our new online hackathon conducted in collaboration with [Credits](https://credits.com).
The hackathon starts on December, 1.
The total prize pool of the competition is **USD 10,000** worth of Credits (CS) tokens according to the price of 6th January, 2019 (the tokens are traded on exchanges)..
### Rewards will be distributed as follows:
- 1st place - $5000
- 2nd place - $3000
- 3rd place - $2000
All interaction with participants and submissions are done through [our platform](https://opengift.io/credits-hackathon/).
Competence in Java programming language is a requirement for participation in hackathon because smart contract on Credits platform are written in Java. Web page or mobile application can be developed in almost any programming languages (ActionScript, C, C++, C#, Cappuccino, Cocoa, Delphi, Erlang, Golang, Haskell, Java, Node.js, Objective-C, OCaml, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby) and connected to blockchain platform via API module with the help of Apache Thrift technology.
Moreover, Credits is providing Technical Webinars to help further understand a platform you’ll be working with during the hackathon. Online sessions will be conducted via official [Twitch channel](https://www.twitch.tv/creditscom) and all videos will be uploaded on [Youtube channel](https://www.youtube.com/c/CreditsBlockchain).
### Schedule of the webinars:
- 15th November — “How to use Credits API”
- 22nd November — “Development of smart contracts using Credits platform”
- 29th November — “Development of decentralized applications using Credits platform”
### Technical task requirements:
- Make an open-sourced solution and publish it in a dedicated repository on [Credits Github](https://github.com/CREDITSCOM/CS-Third-party-Integrations-and-Solutions);
- The final result needs to match the definition of a minimal viable product (MVP) -[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_viable_product](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_viable_product) ;
- Final result of your development should interact with Credits blockchain — send transactions, deploy smart contracts and be connected with credits network;
- You should use the latest version of our software. Probably, at the time of hackathon it will be Testnet 3.0 release. Information about version releases will be published in [Credits Technical chat](https://t.me/creditstechnical). [Link for download](https://developers.credits.com/en/Articles/11).
### Development process
There are two main areas to focus on during the hackathon:
- Development of decentralized applications various industries, including: Internet of Things, banking, logistics, insurance, payments, medicine, copyright protection, industrial and consumer goods. You can get some inspiration on the [Credits website](https://credits.com/) (tab ‘Use Cases’.)
- Development of useful infrastructure services, which will be helpful for the Credits ecosystem, for example: a web wallet, a hardware wallet, a blockchain explorer, a decentralized exchange, various cross-chain and atomic swaps solutions, escrow, etc.
### What needs to be done on GitHub
- Create a fork of [Third party Integrations and Solutions](https://github.com/CREDITSCOM/CS-Third-party-Integrations-and-Solutions);
- Create a branch in you forked repository (the branch name must match your project name);
- Develop your project and put the source code in your forked repository. Please keep the deadlines in mind!
- Put you project in a separate directory (the name must match the project name);
- When the project is finished, create a pull request to merge your branch with the master branch;
- After the pull request is confirmed, your project will be added to the Credits’ repository. If your project is not finished, but you make a pull request before the deadline, your project will be added to the repository.
### Hackathon schedule
- 1 step — **registration**. Deadline — 00:00 UTC, December, 9. All submissions are done through OpenGift platform. [Direct link for registration](https://opengift.io/credits-hackathon/).
- 2 step — **concept creation**. Deadline — 00:00 UTC, December, 9. During this stage you should create a brief introduction of your future project. It must contain the following points — dApps/service name, estimated target audience, problems that can be solved, estimated MVP functionality, final release functionality. You can also add any information which helps to understand your concept deeper. This information should be presented in pdf, ppt or pptx format and uploaded to OpenGift website.
- 3 step — **development process**. Deadline — 00:00 UTC, December, 30. By the end of this stage you should publish source code of your project in the dedicated Github repository and send a link to the developed website or mobile app via OpenGift. We will choose ten finalists at the end of 3rd round for participation in 4th round.
- 4 step — **presentation**. Deadline — 00:00 UTC, January, 6, 2019. During this stage you should create a short video (5 minutes max) containing the information about your project: concept, process of interaction with users, key features and benefits. The presentation should be clear and understandable for listeners.
### Judging criteria
Credits developers team, the CTO — Evgeniy Butyaev and Deputy CTO — Konstantinos Sotiropulos, will be in charge of selecting winners. We will evaluate development according to criteria below
- Meeting a target audience needs
- Easiness of an implementation process and ability to solve problems of a target audience
- Creativity and innovative approach will be a huge advantage
- Opportunity for expansion and growth
- Quality and clarity of the development code
- Speed of interaction with users
### Useful links
- [Credits Technical Discussion chat](https://t.me/creditstechnical) for questions and answers
- [Credits Developers Portal](https://developers.credits.com/en) for all technical documentation
- [Credits Youtube channel](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7kjX_jgauCqmf_a4fqLGOQ) for technical webinars
**Links to Credits platform use cases:**
- [Bond issuance](https://credits.com/en/Home/case/6)
- [Stablecoin unit of account](https://credits.com/en/Home/case/7)
- [Insurance — Payment of Compensation](https://credits.com/en/Home/Industries/78)
- [Delayed Departure Insurance](https://credits.com/en/Home/Industries/75)
- [Logistic sphere](https://credits.com/en/Home/otras/1)
- [Goods origin](https://credits.com/en/Home/case/4)
- [Copyright protection](https://credits.com/en/Home/case/5)
- [Loyalty programs](https://credits.com/en/Home/case/2)
### We wish you good luck!