Workers Auto Approve
Polkascan internationalization: Korean translation
# Polkascan internationalization: Korean translation
## About Polkascan OS (for Polkadot Runtime Environments)
Polkascan OS provides an open-source block explorer for any Substrate-based blockchain. Polkascan OS consists of a number of distinct software artifacts which collectively orchestrate Polkascan. The Harvester transforms a Substrate node’s raw data into relational data, with the help of Substrate Interface Library and the SCALE Codec Library. The produced relational data is disseminated by the Explorer API and in turn made accessible to end-users by the Explorer GUI. We have chosen to provide full Docker support for all our artifacts, hence all our repositories have Dockerfiles in their root. All these open-source software artifacts and many others can be found in the Polkascan organization on GitHub (https://github.com/polkascan).
## Internationalization of Polkascan OS Explorer GUI
The Polkascan OS Explorer GUI (https://github.com/polkascan/polkascan-pre-explorer-gui) is an Angular application. Previous work has implemented internationalization & localization standards for the Angular application. Currently the application supports the English and Chinese languages.
## Additional translations of Polkascan OS Explorer GUI
This issue specifies a request to extend the Angular application with additional languages. This in turn will make Polkascan OS available and user-friendly to a worldwide audience in multiple languages and with multiple localization settings.
- Korean translation for the Angular application.
- Use our feature branch: 'https://github.com/polkascan/polkascan-explorer-gui/tree/feature/i18n'
- Modifications of the Korean language-pack: https://github.com/polkascan/polkascan-explorer-gui/blob/feature/i18n/src/assets/i18n/ko.json
- Please note that some values have already been set in the Korean language-pack. These are machine translations and very likely require modification and thorough review.
- Written memo (in English) to explain why translated terms or transliterations were chosen for specific technical notions and terminology. Ideally this memo provides a reference to other places where similar translated terms or transliterations were chosen. I.e. how would the term `extrinsic` be translated?
- Korean language native.
- Conceptual understanding of Blockchain, Polkadot and Substrate.
- Capable of translation or transliteration of technical notions and terminology.
- Our preference goes to a current Polkadot Ambassador.
## Requirements for work to be approved
- Pull request to https://github.com/polkascan/polkascan-explorer-gui/tree/feature/i18n
- Signed contributor license agreement with WEB3SCAN (download and sign:
[Contributor License Agreement v1.0.0.pdf](https://github.com/polkascan/polkascan-explorer-gui/files/4288058/Contributor.License.Agreement.v1.0.0.pdf)
- Meet expectations of deliverables
## Getting started with Docker
git clone https://github.com/polkascan/polkascan-explorer-gui.git
git checkout feature/i18n
docker build -t polkascan-explorer-gui:latest .
docker run --rm -p 8000:80 --mount type=bind,source="$(pwd)"/src/assets/i18n,target=/usr/share/nginx/html/assets/i18n polkascan-explorer-gui:latest
Run in a browser (e.g. Firefox): http://127.0.0.1:8000
- Select the Korean language on the top-right side of the screen.
- Make modifications in the Korean language pack (`src\assets\i18n\ko.json`)
- Refresh in browser to check modifications
## Cleanup Docker
use with caution
# remove unused docker images
docker system prune
# stop & remove all docker containers
docker system prune -a
# remove docker volumes
docker volume prune
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: