Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
The goal of this potential project is to create a web front-end that visualizes a sharded Ethereum blockchain network. Could be built as an extension to [ethstats](https://ethstats.net) or as its own, independent interface.
**Requirements / Acceptance Criteria**
- Ability to inspect transaction load on n number of shards
- Ability to visualize cross-shard interactions
- Ability to see number of nodes and distribution of nodes across shards
- See collations happening in each period for each shard
- Ability to inspect the size of canonical shard chains
**Cool to Have**
- Some way of visualizing the actual p2p network topology
Create a command line tool to visualize a sharded network. Can be baked into a sharding client implementation and could be a combination of ASCII art and text to visualize the different information pertaining to each shard.
This is a long, multi-step project, so at this point we are only looking for a design spec with possible visuals of how the front-end would look or how ethstats can be extended to accommodate these requirements.
The necessary reading to understand the context of the requirements and basic terms around sharding can be found in our project's [README](https://github.com/prysmaticlabs/geth-sharding/blob/master/sharding/README.md). Many sections, however, are deprecated while a minimal sharding protocol is still being researched.
We see this as a good first bounty for Prysmatic Labs.