Workers Auto Approve
Gitcoin RenVM Hackathon
Interoperability, DeFi, MakerDAO, DAI, WBTC, TornadoCash, DEX, OTC
### Gitcoin RenVM Hackathon
### Prize Bounty
Grand Prize **35,000 REN!** (est $2,500)
There will also be (2) two runner-up **20,000 REN** prizes (est. $1,250 each)
### Challenge Description
Build a DeFi application with RenVM which focuses on enhancing DeFi with RenVM’s native cross-chain user experience. This application should add a useful feature or functionality to the DeFi ecosystem, making it possible to do something that was previously impossible to do.
RenVM is composable so it can be easily combined with any existing Ethereum based DeFi application. Taking an existing DeFi application and extending it to support cross-chain functionality & UX with RenVM is welcome and encouraged.
### Submission Requirements
- RenVM’s SDKs, GatewayJS or RenJS must be used and be a fundamental element of the dApp.
- The app must be built within the Ethereum DeFi ecosystem, RenVM currently supports BTC, BCH, and ZEC to Ethereum as ERC20s.
- This app is to actually be used by the public in the DeFi ecosystem, so the closer the app is to production ready with a great UX, the higher it will score.
- Feel free to add a fee (revenue model) for your app’s usage.
- The app will score better if it has greater appeal to a wider audience.
- Demo videos are strongly recommended for complete submissions.
- The project must be open source.
How involved or difficult the application is will not be considered. If a very useful and interesting app can be created with very little effort, this app will still qualify for the grand prize and all other prizes.
**Example apps and ideas which would qualify for prizes:**
- MakerDAO BTC Bridge
Build and interface and smart contract that atomically mints renBTC, swaps it for WBTC, and then opens a MakerDAO CDP.
- BTC, ZEC, & BCH Mixer | RenVM + Tornado Cash
Build an interface, smart contract, and messaging relayer for minting/burning ren-tokenized assets directly with tornado cash pools.
- Cross-Chain OTC Escrow Platform | RenVM + Smart contract
Build a simple utility (interface + smart contact) for OTC brokers to facilitate large cross-chain swaps between two or more counterparties.
- BTC to USD in your bank account | RenVM + Aave + Coinbase Wallet
Build a consumer app (interface + smart contact) that allows users to collateralize a USDC loan with renBTC and send USDC to their bank account via Coinbase all in one on-chain transaction.
Other hackathon dApp ideas can be found here:
Here are a few example RenVM dApps we’ve built in the past (these are all built with GatewayJS or RenJS):
RenJS & GatewayJS (SDKs): [https://github.com/renproject/ren-js](https://github.com/renproject/ren-js)
RenJS Tutorial: [https://docs.renproject.io/developers/ren-sdk](https://docs.renproject.io/developers/ren-sdk)
GatewayJS Tutorial: [https://docs.renproject.io/developers/gateway-js](https://docs.renproject.io/developers/gateway-js)
For technical support or general questions while you build, please join us in our developer chat on telegram: [https://t.me/joinchat/HxkGmE3OGtpszYFM8n1nIg](https://t.me/joinchat/HxkGmE3OGtpszYFM8n1nIg)
### Submission Deadline
May 27th Midnight EST
### Judging Criteria
- How applicable is the application and how likely is it to be used by others in the DeFi ecosystem.
- Potential positive impact on the RenVM & DeFi ecosystems.
- Works on RenVM Testnet & Mainnet.
- Bonus points for a smooth and polished UX.
### Winner Announcement Date
June 1st 12:00 PM EST
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
Type to search skills..
[[ option.label ]]
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principes of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: