Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
# Overview / Motivation
Currently, Transactions are encoded using Ethereums RLP
Spacemesh requires a deterministic function for serialising and deserialising data from persistent data structures. Currently we a re using ethereums RLP method, however it is not defined by any RFC and is subject to change. XDR is a standard for data serialisation which we wish to implement in our node
# The Task
We wish to replace the RLP encoding mechanism with XDR encoding.
*decide whther to use dynamic serialisation of data or use pre defined .x files
# Implementation Notes
# Contribution Guidelines
Important: Issue assignment to developers will be by the order of their application and proficiency level according to the tasks complexity. We will not assign tasks to developers who have'nt introduced themselves on our Gitter [dev channel](https://gitter.im/spacemesh-os/Lobby)
1. Introduce yourself on go-spacemesh [dev chat channel](https://gitter.im/spacemesh-os/Lobby) - ask our team any question you may have about this task
2. Fork branch `develop` to your own repo and work in your repo
3. You must document all methods, enums and types with [godoc comments](https://blog.golang.org/godoc-documenting-go-code)
4. You must write go unit tests for all types and methods when submitting a component, and integration tests if you submit a feature
5. When ready for code review, submit a PR from your repo back to branch `develop`
6. Attach relevant issue to PR