Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Shard and share your `.ssb/secret` and your `gossip.json` directly in Patchwork. As discussed with @mmckegg, this will be a 3 phase integration, allowing users to:
- (a) backup their identity with their peers
- (b) reclaim their old identity from their custodians using a newly generated identity after it has been lost (lost / broken laptop).
- (c) restart Patchwork as the new identity, which automates reintegrating the recovered identity. Gives the user the option to remove or backup the identity in use.
# Phase 1
**Backup your identity with your peers**
* [x] Extend the `shard` schema to accept a blob reference to `gossip.json` file in [`ssb-dark-crystal-schema`](https://github.com/blockades/ssb-dark-crystal-schema)
* [x] Extend the `shard` publish action params in [`scuttle-dark-crystal`](https://github.com/blockades/scuttle-dark-crystal) to accept a blob reference
* [x] Ensure the file is encrypted when creating a dark crystal
* [x] Draw some wireframes and run them by @mmckegg (upload here...)
* [x] CSS! Consult Matt to make sure it fits with Patchwork's overall style
#### Required functionality
* [x] Add a `Back up` button to the `/settings` page which:
* [x] Opens a modal containing a form that takes 2 inputs: a list of custodians and a quorum
* [x] Form submission performs the following
* [x] Load the entire `.ssb/secret` and stringify the JSON - this is the secret
* [x] Load, encrypts and generate a blob ID for the `gossip.json` file
* [x] Uses `scuttle-dark-crystal` to publish the message with `SSB Identity` as the `name`.
* [x] Add details about any existing backup so users can see that they've successfully backed up their identity - current custodians and the quorum required.
Phase 2 - https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork/issues/953
Phase 3 - https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork/issues/954