Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Hello, Gitcoiners & Gitcoinerettes! It’s happening again – happy blockchain times are coming to San Francisco 🎉, as the San Francisco…
Heya Gitcoiners & Gitcoinerettes! They say that July is the warmest month of the year (location depending), and we’re definitely getting ready fo…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Shard and share your `.ssb/secret` and your `gossip.json` directly in Patchwork. As discussed with @mmckegg, this will be a 3 phase integration, allowing users to:
- (a) backup their identity with their peers
- (b) reclaim their old identity from their custodians using a newly generated identity after it has been lost (lost / broken laptop).
- (c) restart Patchwork as the new identity, which automates reintegrating the recovered identity. Gives the user the option to remove or backup the identity in use.
# Phase 1
**Backup your identity with your peers**
* [x] Extend the `shard` schema to accept a blob reference to `gossip.json` file in [`ssb-dark-crystal-schema`](https://github.com/blockades/ssb-dark-crystal-schema)
* [x] Extend the `shard` publish action params in [`scuttle-dark-crystal`](https://github.com/blockades/scuttle-dark-crystal) to accept a blob reference
* [x] Ensure the file is encrypted when creating a dark crystal
* [x] Draw some wireframes and run them by @mmckegg (upload here...)
* [x] CSS! Consult Matt to make sure it fits with Patchwork's overall style
#### Required functionality
* [x] Add a `Back up` button to the `/settings` page which:
* [x] Opens a modal containing a form that takes 2 inputs: a list of custodians and a quorum
* [x] Form submission performs the following
* [x] Load the entire `.ssb/secret` and stringify the JSON - this is the secret
* [x] Load, encrypts and generate a blob ID for the `gossip.json` file
* [x] Uses `scuttle-dark-crystal` to publish the message with `SSB Identity` as the `name`.
* [x] Add details about any existing backup so users can see that they've successfully backed up their identity - current custodians and the quorum required.
Phase 2 - https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork/issues/953
Phase 3 - https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork/issues/954