Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
Shard and share your .ssb/secret and your gossip.json directly in Patchwork. As discussed with @mmckegg, this will be a 3 phase integration, allowing users to:
* (a) backup their identity with their
* (b) reclaim their old identity from their custodians using a newly generated identity after it has been lost (lost / broken
* (c) restart Patchwork as the new identity, which automates reintegrating the recovered identity. Gives the user the option to remove or backup the identity in use.
# Phase 2
**Reclaim your old identity from your custodians using a newly generated identity after it has been lost (lost / broken laptop).**
* [x] Create a JSON schema for a request for a forward message - possibly can use ssb-invite-schema / might be better off with a new schema. This contains the following: `version`, `root`, `recps`, `body` (this is an ssb public key).
* [x] In scuttle-dark-crystal
* [x] Return a publish function in `scuttle-dark-crystal` to send 'forward requests'
* [x] Using ssb-query, return a pull-stream function that fetches 'forward requests' that have been made to you - ssb-query
* [x] Using ssb-query, return a pull-stream function that fetches 'forward requests' that you have made and merges in the relevant `dark-crystal/forward` records
* [x] Draw some wireframes and run them by @mmckegg (upload here...)
* [x] CSS! Consult Matt to make sure it fits with Patchwork's overall style
#### Required functionality
* [x] Add a `Recover` button to the `/settings` page which:
* [x] Opens a modal containing:
* [x] If an existing recovery process is underway, shows the current state of that process (how many shards returned)
* [x] Enables you to see requests for shards that have been made (as the custodian of a shard)
* [x] Enables you to return a shard that has been requested by clicking a button
* [ ] Optional: Enables you to ignore a shard that has been requested by clicking a button - use local storage to remember which have been ignored
* [x] Including reminders for users to check in person / out-of-band that it is the person you think it is at the other end - security and right action is important!
* [x] Contains a form to initiate a new recovery process that includes:
* [x] Input to select the custodians to request shards from
* [x] Input your old public key or if you're connected to them, select them from your social graph (suggest-box)
Phase 1 - https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork/issues/952
Phase 3 - https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork/issues/954