Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
***Summary***: Text wrapped in tildes displayed with the bold font on iOS instead of italic.
Note: text wrapped in asterisks displays with the bold font as well - issue is that we need an italic for text in tildes.
**Note**: it's all fine on Android.
On desktop app there is no font at all applied but text is parsed (i.e. the `~text~` and `*bold*` displayed without asterisks/tildes). Related issue for desktop https://github.com/status-im/status-react/issues/5275
#### Expected behavior
Italic font applied to for text wrapped in tildes on iOS
#### Actual behavior
Bold font applied to for text wrapped in tildes on iOS
- Open Status and create new account
- Navigate to any chat (e.g. create unique public chat)
- Send `~I'm italic~` and verify there is italic font applied to the text
### Additional Information
* Status version: 0.9.30 (11730)
* Operating System: iOS (12.0.1)