Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Aloha, Gitcoiners! How do you feel about Data Dignity, Quadratic Voting, Quadratic Finance and Decentralized Identity?
KERNEL is an 8-week, invite-only program for top tech talent looking to build relationships, products, and companies in blockchain and Web 3. 100 tal…
Type in [[ 2- term.length]] more characters to get results
[[ result.title ]]
[[ result.description | truncate(70) ]]
No matches found
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
**_Summary_**: When there is a message which requires formatting in chat, it appears on chat view much longer than plain-text messages. More items in a single message require formatting - exponentially more time for message to be parsed and displayed to user.
When messages are really large and there are a lot of items to process - app freezes during that time (below figures are app-freezes values)
For example, on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android 6.0.1) - slow device:
1) The time it takes for a single message having 100 links and 1000 chars in total (including whitespaces) when navigating from Chats view to public chat with the message -> ~3.5 seconds
2) Same number of characters but when no any formatting is applied to message content takes 'Chat') and the actual message content to appear - is less than 0.3s
#### Actual behavior
When user of the `Samsung Galaxy Note 4`-like device navigates to chat with the single message which has any type of formatted text (bold, italic, backquoted, link, tag) repeated 250 times with 2500 chars in total, the time it takes from chat view (actual chat, excluded navigation between 'Chats' -> 'Chat') and the actual message content to appear is:
| Text | Links | Tags | Bold | Italic | Backquotes | Mix of everything (without text) |
| ------------- | ------------- | ------------- | ------------- | ------------- | ------------- | ------------- |
| <0.3s | 26s | 26s | 16s | 16s | 26s | 23s |
VIdeo for above measurements from Galaxy Note 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0rUsqj5_OjK1HiDqu-AXYLylvyt_ezD/view
Message content used in Video you can get here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pXvXuwZ0AR-pJ5BPsiZL1a1V5LajLMQAeBd6FsMUN_o/edit?usp=sharing
* Open Status and create new account
* Join unique public chat
* Send message with text required formatting (you can get data from the above link)
* Navigate back to Chats view
* Navigate to chat with the message sent and pay attention until message appears
### Additional Information
* Status version: Develop0.13.0/Release0.12.2
* Operating System: Android and iOS and Desktop