Workers Auto Approve
Copy updates for consistency
In V1 we transition to some new terminology. On most screens, this new copy is included in the latest develop builds. However, some places that have not been touched for V1 might still include old copy that needs to be updated. This includes:
- Permission dialogs
- Permission settings
- Ohter screens. This issue requires a review of other places where this terminology is not consistent.
- PIN > `6-digit passcode`
- 6-digit code > `6-digit passcode`
- Contact code > `Chat key`
- Recovery phrase > `Seed phrase`
- Sign in > `Unlock`
- Recover or Add existing account > `Access key`
- Create new account > `Generate a new key`
- Other accounts > Back key without reference
_Note: Inside wallet we do use `Generate a new account`. We only refer to account in relation to a multiaccount in wallet. Never in relation to the 'thing you unlock' when opening Status._
### Why change the language
We have introduced layers of abstraction over time (Public key and Whisper ID becoming contact code. Seed phrase becoming Recovery phrase). The abstractions were intended to make the app easier to understand by moving away from the technical lingo and giving an indication of functionality, i.e. 'contact' and 'recover'. However, these abstractions:
- Have created inconsistency between code base and application, leading to miscommunication in product development.
- Have not been shown effective in explaining key concepts (e.g. contact code explaining that it is required to connect with contacts).
- Give too little information about how the app actually works.
- Contribute to continued misunderstanding about how the app works which becomes an issue when something goes wrong or new features are introduced.
- Add a layer of complexity to some of our core users who are familiar with the technology and might attempt to reverse engineer how the app works.
- Change in https://github.com/status-im/status-react/blob/develop/translations/en.json
- Reserve time for translations
## Acceptance Criteria
- Copy is updated on permission dialogs
- Copy is updated on permission in Proofile > Settings
- List of reviewed flows to check for remaining inconsistencies on latest develop.
- all occurrences of PIN and 6-digit passcode are changed to 6-digit passcode
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: