Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
As you can see below- Gitcoin bounty has been funded for this issue (kudos to Gitcoin team).
Below you will find more information on what is expected:
Note that the discovery v5 protocol is still in experimental / test stage. The protocol may change, the exact spec may be difficult to obtain and testing may be difficult. We will be ready to accept the bounty payment if sufficient research and coding is provided even if there are outstanding issues in the code.
More information on discovery v5 is available here:
The actual protocol spec need to be collected from various web source / reverse engineered. The best way would be to contact core devs who implemented discv5 for Geth or analyze Geth source code.
Best place to seek help from the team is Gitter:
Requirements for code:
1. Work with @glesniakiewicz and @tkstanczak to define changes for IDiscoveryManager interface to neatly abstract different discovery implementations. This should be done after initial research is done. Potential solutions will be discussed on gitter and as a result we will define a new IDiscoveryManager interface definition if required.
2. Implement disc v5 messages and their respective serializers
3. Add / modify discovered nodes store to keep information about the supported protocols
4. Add unit tests for added classes
5. Add necessary entries to configuration modules and config files to switch discovery between existing and v5
6. Run the node in discovery v5 and prove that other ndoes can be discovered.