Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
- [x] I've asked for help in the [Truffle Gitter](http://gitter.im/Consensys/truffle) before filing this issue.
Truffle could be faster. We need to profile it, find bottlenecks and implement some caching.
* `truffle version` takes 4s on my computer
* `truffle test` with solidity tests doesn't cache compiled contracts and artifacts and rebuilds them on every run
## Steps to Reproduce
* run `truffle version`
* run `truffle tests` with solidity tests
## Expected Behavior
* I expect time for `truffle version` to be negligible
* I expect second test run to be faster than the first one and use precompiled contracts or only recompile the changed ones.
* Maybe use a temp directory
* Maybe have a directory inside of a project ignored in a generated `.gitignore`
## Actual Results
* Operating System: macos
* Hardware: Macbook Retina 12 inch early 2016 1.1GHz Intel core m3
* Truffle version: 3.0.5
* Ethereum client: testrpc
* node version: v7.5.0
* npm version: 4.1.2