Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
As a result of #450, in trufflesuite/ganache-core#41, @0xNPE gave us some [much needed tests](https://github.com/trufflesuite/ganache-core/blob/863fcc242ebef2811e6334d43a6d91b3193f3b6e/test/stability.js#L93-L143) which reproduce the underlying problems behind #417. This bounty is for a fix for the underlying problem which those tests identify.
Bounty acceptance criteria:
1. Bounty claimant must submit one or more pull requests to [trufflesuite/ganache-core](https://github.com/trufflesuite/ganache-core) and/or its underlying dependencies (likely [ethereumjs/ethereumjs-vm](https://github.com/ethereumjs/ethereumjs-vm) and/or [ethereumjs/merkle-patricia-tree](https://github.com/ethereumjs/merkle-patricia-tree)), and meet the necessary requirements defined by the projects' contributing guidelines for these PRs to be accepted by the project maintainers.
2. Submissions must make the tests submitted in trufflesuite/ganache-core#41 pass.
3. The tests submitted in trufflesuite/ganache-core#41 may be modified if necessary to demonstrate the fix, so long as the modified tests continue to demonstrate the underlying problem with the fixes reverted.
4. Submitters should take care to avoid causing significant performance degradation to `ganache-core` or any other impacted projects.
5. Submissions which merely make the tests pass but which do not fix the underlying cause of #417 will not be accepted for the bounty.
**Important note**: This bounty will not be paid out until all required PRs are accepted and merged.
- When making changes to an underlying dependency of `ganache-core` you can use `npm link` to symlink your local copy of the dependency into the `node_modules` directory of the `ganache-core` project.
- When editing ethereumjs projects, be sure to follow their style guidelines, using the `standard` tool to verify that you have done so.