Workers Auto Approve
[501 Dai] Use Vega’s APIs to build a command and control app for traders
defi, trading, derivatives, app, web, mobile, apis, grpc, graphql, rest
Vega is a proof of stake blockchain for creating and trading derivatives. It provides infrastructure for decentralised markets that settle in assets held on Ethereum, and in future also Bitcoin and other major collateral blockchains. Vega facilitates high speed, permissionless derivatives markets.
Earlier this year we launched the Vega Testnet, which is currently invitation only. Participating in this bounty will give you access to Testnet before we launch it more publicly later this year.
## Bounty description
This bounty is to build a mobile centric app (web or native) that connects to Vega’s APIs (GRPC, REST or GraphQL) to serve as a tool for traders to log in to an existing Vega wallet and monitor and manage their positions across multiple markets.
All coding languages welcome, for those who love Python we’ve already built a Python client to get you started. We will provide documentation on the APIs and access to our Testnet and the wallet API, as well as some example code. We’re also a friendly bunch and will try to help out with technical or conceptual questions on our community forums.
Here are some ideas for features that could be included in a useful application to traders. This is not prescriptive and we encourage creativity. We’re expecting to see you include at least three of the five categories from the list below for this challenge:
- Display a list of the markets that a trader has an open position or active order/s on.
- Display relevant market information for that market such as: last traded price, last traded volume, best bid, best ask, bid/ask spread, open interest, 24hr % price move.
- Display relevant position information for that trader’s position on that market such as: open position volume, position entry price (volume weighted), active buy orders (total volume), active sell orders (total volume), margin deployed, margin zone (are they getting close to being closed out?), their proportion of the open interest (open position size on a market / total market open interest).
### Position Management
- Allow traders to cancel all orders on a market with one click.
- Allow traders to exit all open positions on a market with one click.
- Allow traders to cancel all orders and exit all positions on a market with one click.
- Allow traders to cancel all orders and exit all positions on all markets with one click.
- For large price movements in markets that the trader has an open position or active orders on.
- When a trader’s deployed margin drops below the “search margin level” alert the trader that they may be liquidated.
- Alert the trader when they have been liquidated.
- Alert the trader when their open position exceeds a (customisable) proportion of the total market’s open interest.
### Trade and/or price visualisation
- Visualisations or charts.
- Trade tickers (Time and Sales) for the markets.
### Ability to place an order
- Select a market
- Choose a trade size
- Place a buy or market sell order
- Optionally allow configuring order type and price / time in force
## How do I access your Testnet and documentation?
Please read through our information about the challenge and supporting info about Vega. If you’re still keen to participate, simply apply to work on the bounty on Gitcoin, say Hi on our Discord chat and introduce yourself. Finally, we’ll check/approve you and then send over a personalised message (via email or DM on Discord) with the unique passwords to access the Vega Testnet. We will share with you the documentation and access to Testnet.
You can always ask questions on [Discord Chat](https://discord.gg/bkAF3Tu) or our [Community Forums](https://community.vega.xyz/c/integrating-with-vega/18) and get the support you’ll need.
## Bounty timeline
**The challenge will run for 4 weeks [extended!], starting Monday 22nd June 2020 and the winner will be chosen on or just after 20th July 2020 (further details below).**
Reward will be distributed at the conclusion of the challenge for the winner as chosen by Vega founder Barney Mannerings. Work has to meet sufficient quality and a level expected by the judge to be awarded a bounty. As a bonus, the winning solution could be shared with our community of traders in the lead up to our Public Testnet as a way to access Vega.
## How to Submit
Publish your submission into our public Github repo with proper README describing how to use it. Extra kudos for adding an animated gif or video of the app working.
## Resources for Developers
- [Vega Technical Overview Paper](https://vega.xyz/assets/vega-technical-overview.pdf)
- [Vega Whitepaper](https://vega.xyz/papers/vega-protocol-whitepaper.pdf)
- [Vega Documentation](https://docs.testnet.vega.xyz)
- [Vega API Samples](https://github.com/vegaprotocol/sample-api-scripts/tree/v0.19.0/)
- [Vega Discord Chat](https://discord.gg/bkAF3Tu)
- [Vega Community Forums](https://community.vega.xyz)
- [Vega Technical/Bounty FAQ](https://www.notion.so/8108b241ee804dbfa09b7346cea7280e?v=be03352b71e04cfe927dfede8248b501)
## Questions & Reviews
You can reach out to us for any queries on our [Discord Chat](https://discord.gg/bkAF3Tu), post your questions in our [Community Forums](https://community.vega.xyz) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're a friendly team and keep to help where possible.
**Keep Calm and Buidl On!**
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: