Workers Auto Approve
[$6000 DAI] Build Polkadot: Network Launch Bounty Challenges
# **Welcome to the Build Polkadot bounty challenges, sponsored by the Web3 Foundation.**
**Polkadot is live!** This [first phase with a Proof of Authority (PoA) network](https://polkadot.network/launch-poa) opens up the floodgates for developers like you to **become part of history** as one of the first to build and use the Polkadot ecosystem. Ready for the challenge? To make it even sweeter, we are opening up three bounty challenges. Take your pick – create something related to:
3. or just **surprise us**!
There is a total of **$6k DAI** up for grabs. In each category, we have $2k DAI split among the top 3 submissions!
| Visualisation | Tools | Miscellaneous |
| 1st place: $1k DAI | 1st place: $1k DAI | 1st place: $1k DAI |
| 2nd place: $600 DAI | 2nd place: $600 DAI | 2nd place: $600 DAI |
| 3rd place: $400 DAI | 3rd place: $400 DAI | 3rd place: $400 DAI |
### **What resources can you use?**
The Polkadot ecosystem has lots of educational resources that can help get you started. Access them using the links below:
- Homepage: [https://polkadot.network/](https://polkadot.network/?utm_source=github&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=build+polkadot&utm_content=build+polkadot+github+issue)
- Wiki and documentation: [https://wiki.polkadot.network/docs/en/](https://wiki.polkadot.network/docs/en/?utm_source=github&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=build+polkadot&utm_content=build+polkadot+github+issue)
- Network information: https://telemetry.polkadot.io/
- Blockchain data explorer and analytics: https://polkascan.io/
- Mobile wallet: https://polkawallet.io/
- Node Implementation: https://github.com/paritytech/polkadot
- Developer hub and documentation: [https://www.substrate.io/](https://www.substrate.io/?utm_source=github&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=build+polkadot&utm_content=build+polkadot+github+issue&utm_term=web3)
- Web based VSCode like IDE: https://playground.substrate.dev/
- [Web3 Foundation TechEd Youtube explainers](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOyWqupZ-WGuAuS00rK-pebTMAOxW41W8)
- [Parity Technologies YouTube channel](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs5vZi0U7qHLkUjF3QnaWg/featured)
If you have questions, you can also reach out in the [Polkadot Watercooler channel]( https://riot.im/app/#/room/#polkadot-watercooler:matrix.org). Although we don’t offer explicit support for these challenges, our team and judges frequent the chat and might be able to help out with some questions.
### **Submission requirements**
Even in the decentralized world a few “musts” exist. Your submission:
- Must have an **open source licence** (GPL, MIT, Apache, and Unlicense are accepted, others may be considered on a case by case basis)
- Must **use or be made for the Polkadot ecosystem**
- Must be **related/relevant in its specific area** (see description and ideas below)
The bounty will run for two weeks, from **28.5.2020 to 11.6.2020 11.59 pm CET**. Our judges will take a closer look at all the submissions and declare the winners a week after the closing date.
### **Judging criteria**
The following criteria will be used to judge all submissions:
- **Usefulness and relevance**
- **Technical soundness**
- **Design and usability**
If none of the submissions live up to the judging criteria, we reserve the right to _not_ make any payouts.
All the entries will be judged by **Bill Laboon, Technical Education Lead at Web3 Foundation** and **Joshy Orndorff, Developer Advocate at Parity Technologies**.
### **Bonus: stay in touch**
- Tweet at [**@polkadotnetwork**](https://twitter.com/polkadotnetwork) using the hashtag **#buildPolkadot** and let the community know what you are building
- Post your updates in **https://www.reddit.com/r/dot/**
- [**Subscribe to our newsletter and stay in touch**](https://info.polkadot.network/subscribe)
## **[$2k DAI] Build Polkadot Challenge 1: _Visualization_**
### **Visualization: What can you build?**
As long as it is within the realm of visualization, the choice is yours. Things like visualizing network statistics, chain statistics, or different functionalities of Polkadot... you get the picture!
We put our thinking caps on and got some **ideas** together to get you started:
- Block production visualizer: Got an idea for an interesting, insightful and beautiful way to visualize the growth of the Polkadot relay chain? Great! Bonus points if it allows easy block exploration, finalization, validator data, temporary forks, or other information related to block production on Polkadot.
- Block explorer: If you have a great way to explore the historical blockchain status, here’s your chance to show it to the world.
- Validator visualizer: Dazzle us with your approach to dynamically displaying information about validators – things like their identifying information, address, era points, or which blocks they produced. You could rank them by the number of blocks produced, or the length of time that they’ve been part of the active validator set. Get creative!
- Nomination visualization: In Polkadot, validators are generally nominated by others to get into the active validator set. We imagine this as a giant graph with some nodes being validators, a much larger number being nominators, and connections between nominators and their selected validator(s). Share your vision of how this could be displayed to show users the current state of the nomination ecosystem.
- Token Distribution Graph: Show us how you would display the way Polkadot tokens are distributed amongst different accounts.
- Account information visualizer: Get inventive with a single page that gives relevant information about the user – any on-chain identity, tokens held, whom they are nominating, if they are validating, account age, previous votes on referenda, proposal submissions, or any other information about an individual account.
- A relay chain clock: Maybe it beeps every time a certain number of blocks go by, or a cuckoo comes out once every 100 blocks? Got a better idea?
- Throughput visualizer: Show how many transactions are being processed on the relay chain and, once they’re enabled, on the parachains. Or show how many transactions are in the transaction pool. Your choice.
## **[$2k DAI] Build Polkadot Challenge 2: _User Tools_**
### **User Tools: What can you build?**
Got an idea for a tool that turns something complicated or difficult to use into a delight? Then this one is for you! As long as it is related to tools in the Polkadot system, we want to hear from you. Let’s make things more efficient and easier to use.
Here are a few suggestions to get the ball rolling. Pick one that appeals or create one of your own:
- Council observer: Allows users to watch what is happening with the Polkadot Council (and perhaps the Technical Committee as well).
- Sudo watcher: The Sudo pallet will allow a superuser to make modifications to the chain during the initial PoA stage. A Sudo watcher would let people see any changes the Sudo makes to the chain, keeping them transparent.
-Command-line Polkadot API interaction: Create a way to send different extrinsics from the command line to do different tasks – like seeing the current block height, list of validators, extrinsics in last block, etc.
-Tools to help validators: Validators will be signaling their intention to nominate in the initial PoA phase. It would be great to have tools made specifically for them, such as seeing how much stake is behind others who have signaled their intention to validate.
## **[$2k DAI] Build Polkadot Challenge 3: _Surprise Us_!**
### **Surprise Us: What can you build?**
If creating a visualization or user tool doesn’t excite you, here’s a challenge covering everything else in the Polkadot ecosystem. Let your imagination go wild!
We brainstormed a few ideas of our own:
- Build your own blockchain: Use Substrate, Parity’s framework for blockchain development, to create your own blockchain with the potential to join Polkadot as a parachain. If you ever wanted to make a privacy-enhanced smart contract chain or a proof-of-work chain with a strange new hashing algorithm, now is your chance!
- Experiment with interacting with the chain: Maybe you have an IoT device that lets you see chain status on a small LCD screen and a Raspberry Pi, or a wall of LEDs that change color based on the number of extrinsics in the latest block. Cool!
- Dev tools - Got an idea to make it easier to build tools? Have you made it easier to spin up a new testnet, or incorporate Polkadot API calls into VSCode? We want to hear from you!
- Surprise us and make us go “Why didn’t I think of that?!”
# **We look forward to receiving your submission. Good luck!**
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: