Workers Auto Approve
Implement A Witnet-Based Prediction Market For A Recurring Sporting Event
# Challenge description
Witnet is a decentralized oracle network (DON) that connects smart contracts to the real, off-chain world. Witnet allows any piece of software to retrieve information published at any web address at any point in time, with complete and verifiable proof of the information's integrity.
The Witnet Protocol achieves this by electing a network of computers which act as a "decentralized oracle" to retrieve, attest and deliver information to smart contracts, with no single point of trust.
Alongside the [Testnet Incentive Program](https://medium.com/witnet/announcing-the-witnet-testnet-incentive-program-cc7a78b8f274), the Witnet Foundation are offering reward to smart contract and dapp developers that build and test example projects on Witnet. The first of these projects is to build a prediction market for a recurring sporting event. For example, a project to predict the winners and losers of any football match in the Premier League.
# Technical instructions
This bounty is split into two tasks:
- 1. Implement a smart contract in Ethereum which utilizes the Witnet Protocol
- 2. (Optional): Implement a client that consumes the smart contract
#### 1. Smart contract
- Create a Witnet Request that queries the result a sporting event
- The Witnet Request must contain at least three different sources
- Implement a smart contract using the Witnet Request
- For each event, the smart contract must:
- Add a prediction option for each sports team (win, loss or draw)
- Close the prediction market before the sporting event has started
- Send winning participants a corresponding payout
- Let a participant know if their prediction was correct or not
- Let every participant know the result of the event
#### 2. Dapp
- Let a user predict the result of the sporting event
- Display the results of all the resolved sporting events
- Allow winners to claim rewards after the event
# Definition of done
You have successfully completed this bounty when:
- You have implemented the [Technical instructions](#Technical-instructions)
- The code is well documented and formatted
- The code tests core contract features
- The code has passed a successful Witnet Foundation review, which will check for good practices
# Submission rules
- Deliver a link to the repository, with documentation of the project
- Deploy the smart contract in göerli testnet
- Deliver the address of the prediction market to the github issue
- Deliver the link to the client
Completed bounty will be rewarded with a total of 500 DAI, in accord with the tasks completed:
1. 300 DAI for implement the smart contract task.
2. 200 DAI more for implement the dapp
- Similar implementation can be found on [Github](https://github.com/stampery-labs)
- Witnet documentation: https://docs.witnet.io/
- Witnet repository: https://github.com/witnet/
Join the conversation on the [Witnet Community Discord](https://discor.com/invite/QKEa5gU)
Setup your profile
Tell us a little about you:
No results found for
Type to search skills..
Required [[totalcharacter]] / 240
Are you currently looking for work?
[[ option.string ]]
Setup your profile
Our tools are based on the principles of earn (💰), learn (📖), and meet (💬).
Select the ones you are interested in. You can change it later in your settings.
I'm also an organization manager looking for a great community.
Enable your organization profile
Gitcoin products can help grow community around your brand. Create your tribe, events, and incentivize your community with bounties. Announce new and upcoming events using townsquare. Find top-quality hackers and fund them to work with you on a grant.
These are the organizations you own. If you don't see your organization here please be sure that information is public on your GitHub profile. Gitcoin will sync this information for you.
Select the products you are interested in:
Out of the box you will receive Tribes Lite for your organization. Please provide us with a contact email: