Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Ethical ads to power Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Follow the orgs you like more with tribes and build relationships and meaningful projects.
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
Most people working with Ethereum have questions about ETH2.0. Kevin Owocki hosted some developers working on the project for a recent episode of the…
Sia recently ran the Skynet Hackathon with Gitcoin for Skynet’s launch, leading to over 40 project submissions in a 2 week period. This piece, …
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
## XRP, ETH & ERC-20 bridge over Interledger Protocol
Gitcoin Sustain Web3 - https://hackathons.gitcoin.co/sustain-web3/
## Prize Bounty
$1000 in XRP
## Challenge Description
In ancient Norse Mythology, and more recently popularized by Marvel in Thor, Bifröst is a burning rainbow bridge that interconnects Midgard, the realm of the humans, and Asgard, the realm of the gods.
Xpring, much like the ancient Norse long before them, believes that in order for blockchain to reach mainstream adoption, there needs to be more interoperability between the siloed blockchain networks.
What if David Schwartz, the Chief Architect of the XRP Ledger, wanted to send XRP to Vitalik Buterin, the Creator of Ethereum, but Vitalik only wanted to receive ETH?
What if Vitalik, upon receiving that ETH, wanted to send ETH to Mike Belshe, Creator of HTTP/2 and CEO of BitGo, but Mike only wanted to receive WBTC?
and on and on...
How would these crypto pioneers achieve such a feat, without relying on exchanges?
Using Interledger Protocol (ILP), we challenge the Sustain Web3 virtual community to build a bridge (like Bifröst), that interconnects the different worlds of XRP, ETH and ERC-20 tokens.
Xpring engineers will be available to answer questions and provide project guidance on the following public Gitcoin channel: xpring-bifrost-challenge
## Test Networks
* XRP Ledger Testnet Faucet - https://xpring.io or https://xrpl.org/xrp-testnet-faucet.html
* Interledger Testnet - https://xpring.io/ilp-testnet
## Core Protocols
* XRP Ledger - https://github.com/ripple/rippled
* Interledger (specs) - https://github.com/interledger
* Interledger (Java) - https://github.com/interledger4j
* Interledger (Rust) - https://github.com/interledger-rs
### Interledger Settlement Engines
* RFC - https://interledger.org/rfcs/0038-settlement-engines/
* Rust - https://github.com/interledger-rs/settlement-engines
## Core Libraries
* Xpring SDK - https://github.com/xpring-eng/Xpring-SDK
* Xpring SDK Java - https://github.com/xpring-eng/xpring4j
* Xpring SDK Swift - https://github.com/xpring-eng/xpringkit
* XRP API - https://github.com/ripple/xrp-api
* ripple-lib - https://github.com/ripple/ripple-lib
* Web Monetization - https://webmonetization.org/docs/api
### Submission Requirements
A valid submission will be able to successfully demo (testnet ok) a payment originating in XRP, bridging over ETH and _at least_ 3 ERC-20 tokens using Interledger Protocol (ILP).
ex: XRP to ETH to WBTC to BAT to ZRX to ???
We really love user interfaces, and the designers that build them, but UIs are not required (although appreciated!) for this Challenge. If time becomes a constraint, then we'd rather see more resources spent on getting the underlying settlement details correct.
Tie breaker awarded for the project that is able to demo this flow over an Ethereum Layer 2 network (see
Bonuses for adding more than 3 ERC-20 tokens.
### Submission Deadline
11:59am EST on Tuesday the 12th of February.
### Judging Criteria
Judges will evaluate based on the following criteria:
* project completeness
* complexity of implementation
* number of token "hops" along the bridge
### Winner Announcement Date
Judges from Xpring will be announcing the winners of the Bifröst Challenge on Wednesday the 13th of February.