Development resources at your finger tips
Build with the coolest Web3 projects
Recurring funding for Open Source
Learn about Web3 & earn rewards
Show appreciation for each other
Meet fellow developers, designers, futurists and more. Collaborate and BUIDL awesome projects together.
Discover great web3 organizations, work on meaningful projects and build relationships with like minded people. Browse Tribes
Meet the top hunters and contributors from our community.
In partnership with Protocol Labs, we’re excited to welcome builders from everywhere to APOLLO, your mission control to engage with the builder…
We’re excited to publically announce that Matic Network is partnering with Gitcoin to launch the Build-n-Earn Program – assisting dApps t…
Gitcoin is GDPR complaint. Learn more in
Gitcoin's Terms & Conditions.
Check out the Issue Explorer
Looking to fund some work? You can submit a new Funded Issue here.
## Interledger Protocol support for ERC-20 on Layer 2 Network
Gitcoin Sustain Web3 - https://hackathons.gitcoin.co/sustain-web3/
## Prize Bounty
$1000 in XRP
## Challenge Description
In ancient Norse Mythology, Niflheim is one of the Nine Realms of Yggdrasil.
Xpring, much like the ancient Norse long before them, believes that in order for blockchain to reach mainstream adoption, there needs to be more interoperability between the siloed blockchain networks.
What if David Schwartz, the Chief Architect of the XRP Ledger, wanted to send XRP to Vitalik Buterin, the Creator of Ethereum, but Vitalik only wanted to receive ETH?
What if Vitalik, upon receiving that ETH, wanted to send ETH to Mike Belshe, Creator of HTTP/2 and CEO of BitGo, but Mike only wanted to receive WBTC?
and on and on...
How would these crypto pioneers achieve such a feat, without relying on exchanges?
Using Interledger Protocol (ILP), we challenge the Sustain Web3 virtual community to help complete ILP support for ERC-20 on a Layer 2 network.
Xpring engineers will be available to answer questions and provide project guidance on the following public Gitcoin channel: xpring-niflheim-challenge
## Test Networks
* XRP Ledger Testnet Faucet - https://xpring.io or https://xrpl.org/xrp-testnet-faucet.html
* Interledger Testnet - https://xpring.io/ilp-testnet
## Core Protocols
* XRP Ledger - https://github.com/ripple/rippled
* Interledger (specs) - https://github.com/interledger
* Interledger (Java) - https://github.com/interledger4j
* Interledger (Rust) - https://github.com/interledger-rs
### Interledger Settlement Engines
* RFC - https://interledger.org/rfcs/0038-settlement-engines/
* Rust - https://github.com/interledger-rs/settlement-engines
## Core Libraries
* Xpring SDK - https://github.com/xpring-eng/Xpring-SDK
* Xpring SDK Java - https://github.com/xpring-eng/xpring4j
* Xpring SDK Swift - https://github.com/xpring-eng/xpringkit
* XRP API - https://github.com/ripple/xrp-api
* ripple-lib - https://github.com/ripple/ripple-lib
* Web Monetization - https://webmonetization.org/docs/api
### Submission Requirements
A valid submission will be code that is merged into the master branch of a repo that has demonstrated a successful transaction of an ERC-20 token on a Layer 2 network using ILP.
We really love user interfaces, and the designers that build them, but UIs are not required (although appreciated!) for this Challenge. If time becomes a constraint, then we'd rather see more resources spent on getting the underlying settlement details correct.
### Submission Deadline
11:59am EST on Tuesday the 12th of February.
### Judging Criteria
Judges will evaluate based on the following criteria:
* project completeness
* complexity of implementation
### Winner Announcement Date
Judges from Xpring will be announcing the winners of the Niflheim Challenge on Wednesday the 13th of February.